Elgin IL Chiropractor
Elgin (IL) Pain Relief: Chiropractor
If you are visiting our page, there’s a chance you or someone you care about might deal with a symptom such as:
- poor posture
- symptoms of a scoliosis diagnosis
- flat feet or swollen arches
- chronic back or neck pain
- jaw pain or grinding teeth at night
- tingling in the hands and feet
- pain from a car accident
- joint or muscle pain
- limited range of motion
- chronic headaches
ChiroPlus Family Health & Wellness specializes in chiropractic and rehabilitative service for Elgin (IL). We partner with you or your family member to achieve pain relief and a revived sense of health through all-natural chiropractic therapies and adjustments.
Studies further indicate that chiropractic care can boost the immune system by up to 200%. Other benefits of partnering with a chiropractor for Elgin can include less reliance on opioid pain relievers, enhanced athletic performance and a possible reduction of osteoarthritis symptoms.
Together, we will develop a plan for returning to the comfortably mobile and active lifestyle you desire.
Chiropractor Elgin (IL): What to Expect
To achieve comfort and pain relief, ChiroPlus chiropractic treatment for Elgin patients focuses on the healthy maintenance of the spinal column and the adjustment of misaligned joints.
Your chiropractor for Elgin pain relief is Dr. Ryan, a chiropractic specialist for more than 20 years. He earned his doctorate in chiropractic medicine at the National University of Health Sciences in Lombard (IL). He also earned a specialty in chiropractic pediatrics from Cleveland Chiropractic College in Kansas City (MO). Dr. Ryan is trained in various adjusting techniques for arriving at the best treatment plan.
During your first visit, you will be greeted by a chiropractor assistant and then meet Dr. Ryan. After you complete the initial intake paperwork, Dr. Ryan will give you a tour of the office to show you the treatment options we offer for a pain concern.
He will then perform a thorough health history and musculoskeletal exam, including x-rays if needed. Most of the diagnosis will involve what’s referred to as motion and static palpation, where Dr. Ryan touches the affected area and feels the state of the joints to define the condition requiring treatment.
Palpation of the spine and the surrounding structures allows the chiropractor to localize and identify the cause of the complaints. By assessing the state of the joints, muscles and ligaments, the chiropractor can determine diagnosis and the best course of care.
You and your chiropractor for Elgin also will discuss the exam and any x-ray results.
Chiropractor Elgin (IL): Areas of Patient Care
ChiroPlus supports Elgin patients with their own chiropractic programs for:
- pediatric care for childhood ailments such as infantile colic, ADD/ADHD, constipation and digestion, ear infections, and scoliosis detection and treatment
- pregnancy care that helps the pregnant mother adapt to the many hormonal and physical changes that impact posture, flexibility and abdominal pressure during child-bearing
- family care for the different health challenges and concerns that can accompany all people through different life stages
- sports injuries from extra strain and repetitive motions that can affect the back and joints during athletic activity
Chiropractor Elgin (IL): Mission & Techniques
The number-one goal at ChiroPlus is to improve quality of life through patient education and effective chiropractic care and rehabilitation. In supporting our Elgin patients, we focus on removing restrictions to the spine and restoring function to achieve the body’s full potential.
Chiropractic care for Elgin involves low-impact, high-velocity manual adjusting personalized for each patient. The force and technique depend on the patient’s physical comfort in achieving the best solution.
Depending on the pain condition, your plan can involve a combination of treatment components, such as massage chairs, electrostimulation, core-stabilizing discs and a whole-body vibration plate.
Other possible approaches might include:
- lumbar traction – a distraction table that expands the disc spacing in the lower back to lessen pressure on the nervous system caused by disc bulging and herniation. This lengthens or stretches the muscles and joints around the lower back to aid greater mobility, range of motion and alignment.
- half foam roll – a design used to reverse the forward-flexing tendencies of the thoracic spine and retune the forward-rolling shoulder posture back in line with the proper posture
- cervical traction – a traction device that matches the curve of the cervical spine. When you lie down, the cervical traction pillow positions the head to reduce spinal pressure, support the cervical spine and restore the C-shaped curve of the neck.
- exercise ball – a tool with many different uses. Balancing on the stability ball forces you to engage your core muscles including in your deep back, abdomen and pelvic floor. A strong core helps to protect the back and stabilize the whole body for better posture, balance and movement control.
Chiropractor Elgin (IL): Contact Us Today
We are here to support you because we care about your ability to feel healthy, mobile and strong in daily living. If you would like to further discuss our education and chiropractic care and rehabilitation for Elgin (IL), please contact us at (847) 683-0077 or complete our contact form.